- 50 MILLION American’s are uninsured in the United States. (U.S. Census Bureau)
- 45,000 Americans DIE EVERY YEAR due to lack of insurance. (Harvard/Cambridge Study)
- 100 MILLION suffer from chronic pain in the U.S. (Institute of Medicine June29, 2011 Study)
- American Healthcare is the MOST EXPENSIVE in the world. (Commonwealth Fund Study)
- Out of 19 Industrialized Countries the U.S. has the MOST preventable deaths. (World Health Org.)
- Over 60% of ALL middle-class bankruptcies are DUE to medical bills. (Amer. Journal of Medicine)
- America has one of the MOST INEFFICIENT health systems of industrialized nations. (WHO)
- The U.S. is 26th in infant mortality, 24th in lifespan, 37th in overall health care quality. (WHO )
There are literally millions of American’s who suffer and cannot get medication or treatment because they have no insurance and cannot afford the exorbitant rates charged by the medical profession in this country. (The most expensive in the world as mentioned.) If they suffer in any way and attempt to procure their own prescription drugs they will be arrested if caught and charged with a felony, as was the author of this web site and its featured book “A Painful Truth.” The failed War on Drugs has assured that this is how the sick are treated. If you can’t get health insurance and cannot afford nor find a doctor who will see you, you are expected to suffer in silence a hellish existence and even die as happens all the time. Many of these people contemplate and commit suicide, not being able to bear the pain and suffering. No government should have the right to force its citizens to suffer and then punish them if they try to survive in other ways. That is ENTRAPMENT… plain and simple.
WORLD HEALTH CARE RANKINGS CHARTS
#1. HEALTHCARE OVERALL
The U.S. is one of the wealthiest nations in the world yet the only industrialized country that does not provide universal healthcare for it’s citizens, choosing to make the sick and dying a profit center. U.S. healthcare costs are by FAR the most expensive in the world yet it has one of the most inefficient healthcare systems in the world. Insurance is likewise incredibly expensive and out of reach for those who do not have jobs that provide it. For those that do have it it does not cover well, forcing hundreds of thousands into bankruptcy every year. If you suffer from chronic pain, as do almost 100 million American’s, and cannot afford insurance nor medical care, if you try to treat yourself by procuring pain medicine in order to live, you will be considered engaging in a felony and can be arrested. This is because of the decades long War on Drugs, which has not only failed miserably but done insurmountable damage to individuals, families and the nation. Any one of these things is unconscionable. All of them… are beyond believability.
DOCUMENTARY “Money Driven Medicine”
Web Site: www.moneydrivenmedicine.org) (view trailer below)